The KWETU consortium member organizations attended a two day project inception planning meeting at SS hotel Kikoni 23rd October 2020 and 24th October 2020.
Consortium Goal: Voice for the Key Populations (KPs) in the society fighting poverty and discrimination for 100 KP individuals in Kampala by 30 of June 2021.
Consortium Founded: 26th June 2019. Later, a board, meeting resolutions, and MOU were created to ensure effective implementation and holding all partners accountable.
Project Planning Objectives
- Capacity development of individual LGBTQ organizations into a common consortium and host the money for salaries, travel and meeting expenses, and office expenses.
- Common platform and advocacy voice in society.
- Start transformation of self-help groups into working cooperatives.
- Prerequisites for vocational training and education for individuals.
- Communication plan in place.